Friday, February 12, 2010

Carter to Stanford, Tuliaupupu to Montana, Waas to UC Davis

Claremont High School's Kori Carter and Taylor Tuliaupupu, along with Webb School's Jacob Waas all participated in National Signing Day back on February 3rd, signing their letters of intent in order to confirm their full-ride scholarships to their respective universities.

Kori Carter
The CHS track standout signed with Stanford University on Signing Day and plans to continue her track career at the Pac-10 school. Carter is currently the defending state champion in the 100 and 300 meter hurdles among high school girls.

“Since I was little, I had wanted to go to USC and then for some reason, I wanted to go to the University of Michigan,” she said. “I really see myself at Stanford and the fact that they put so much effort to get me there tells me that they will also take care of me as one of their student athletes.”

Taylor Tuliaupupu
The CHS defensive football captain and All-Baseline League selection led the Wolfpack with a team-high 90 tackles in 2009 before signing with the University of Montana. Tuliaupupu was not aware the university was scouting him during the 2009 season.

“I didn’t know what the University of Montana was until they called me up and told me they had been looking at film of me playing,” Tuliaupupu said. “I went out to there last weekend and it was a beautiful campus. The coaches and my [future] teammates are good people. I’m very thankful for this opportunity.”

Jacob Waas
The All-Prep League and All-CIF standout has joined 17 other recruits in what UC Davis head football coach Bob Biggs is describing as the best recruiting class the university has ever assembled. Waas showed his versatility the last 2 years by leading the Prep League in sacks in 2008 and primarily playing fullback in 2009.

A more complete version of the story can be found in the February 6th print edition of the COURIER or on COURIER Online.

No comments:

Post a Comment