Friday, April 9, 2010

Webb to welcome new football coach Ray Fenton

New Webb football coach Ray Fenton will make his first appearance on the campus of the Webb Schools since his recent hire this Tuesday for a meeting with the campus community. The former Cypress coach became Webb's 3rd head football coach in 5 years after former coach Robbie von Pertz resigned due to medical reasons.

Coach Fenton enjoyed plenty of success at Cypress High School by leading the Centurions to a CIF Southern Section championship in 2007, as well as 2 Empire League titles and 4 playoff appearances in his last 5 years as head coach. Yet he said it was Webb's overall atmosphere and values that attracted him to the private school campus.

“The more I learned about Webb, the more I saw Webb as an ideal fit,” Coach Fenton said. “Their program, philosophy and core values were a perfect fit for what I want to do. The more I talked to the athletic director Stephen [Wishek] and the Head of Schools Susan [Nelson], the more I realized they are doing what I’ve been doing.”

Look for a full story on Coach Fenton in Saturday's edition of the COURIER.

No comments:

Post a Comment